"God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians. 9.7
Our Church buildings offer a haven of peace and reflection. For centuries they have been a spiritual home to generations of villagers - an inspirational building which not only helps shape the character of our villages, but is a reminder of God in our daily lives.
There is much to give thanks for and the work of our Church is very much alive and at the heart of community life.
Our communities give generously of their time, their talents and their money. Those who give in this way help the Church support all our neighbours at times of joy and sorrow.
But the cost of running all our ten Churches is substantial.
The burden for the congregations is onerous and donations are always welcome for the Church and its work.
These beautiful old buildings also require constant attention and need to be comprehensively insured and maintained.
Your support helps the Church :
- be a thriving part of community life.
- offer Baptisms, Weddings & funerals for all families in the parishes
- offer traditional Sunday Services and Holy Communion and new forms of service to younger families
- hold those very special services that bring the community together at Christmas, Easter, Harvest, Remembrance
- continue with Messy Church and develop even more exciting work with our children and young people outside of Church and in all our schools.
- keep the Church open and maintain our beautiful buildings.
- You can make a donation at any service or you can give Cash to any Churchwarden or Clergy member.
- â€‹You can also post a Cheque and address details are on our "Contact us" page.â€‹
Cheques should be made payable to your Church followed by P.C.C. (Parochial Church Council).
eg: For Ashwicken All Saints cheques should be made out to Ashwicken PCC ; for Roydon All Saints make it out to Roydon PCC and so on for all our Churches.
â€‹â€‹You can pay via Internet Banking. Please set up to pay into account sort code 20 - 46 - 65 and account no. 80398047 marked as Gayton PCC Rectors Expense Account.
- You can set up a Standing Order with your Bank to the account above so that regular payments can be made. A form is available here for you to copy or print to send to your bank.
- For all donations, it is also very much better if you can complete the "Gift Aid" form allowing the Church to recover taxes. ( A copy is available by clicking on the link above or the one on the left side column). A "Gift Aid" declaration will automatically be sent if you donate by Text. A return text receipt will be sent to you with an opportunity to add Gift Aid. If you donate by MyDonate then an opportunity to add "Gift Aid" is included in the payment details requested.
You could also help organise a Fund Raising Event.
Once you have made provision for your loved ones, you have the opportunity to make a lasting gift to God, by leaving a legacy to His Church. A gift in your Will to your local Church is one of the most valuable and lasting ways you can continue to support the Church within our communities.
A gift can be an expression of your gratitude and thanksgiving towards God, and can help keep your local Church alive, and help transform its future.
There is a short film by the Church of England that shows how a legacy can have a lasting effect in a community and help kick start new projects. You can see it by clicking here.
If you would like to consider this then please contact the Rector via the "Contact Us" page.
You may also like to look at this web site ; www.churchlegacy.org.uk